Taghaser’s Shenin spring
The spring is located in the Hadrut region, in the Taghaser village's south-eastern part (Fig. 1). Taghaser has been under Azerbaijani occupation since October 2020.
Fig. 1 The general view of the spring, photo by S. Karapetyan, source: http://www.raa-am.com/raa/public/publish.php?mid=5&more=2&cont=32&obid=136&uid=4255.
Movses Hovsepyan, a wealthy villager, built the spring in 1915 with his own financial means and left a building inscription, but it was defaced after being targeted by dekulakization ideology.
It is a vaulted structure with a rectangular architectural plan. It has a nave on the lower part. The spring is made of lime stone and mortar. The arches, corner stones of the walls, and nave have all been polished. A rectangular 1-meter-wide, 5-meter-long drainage basin is located at the back of the spring.
It measures 6 meters in length, 2.1 meters in width, and 3.2 meters in height.
As a result of renovation in the mid-2000s, the spring was plastered (Fig. 2).
It was managed to partially restore the building inscription. It says, "This spring was built by Movses Osepyants as a memorial in 1915." (Fig. 3).
The condition before, during, and after the war
The spring was not harmed during or after the military operations in 2020.
Fig 2 The spring after the repair. The photo is provided by the Artsakh Republic's "State Service for the Protection of Historical Environment" SNCO's electronic database.
Fig. 3 The constructional inscription of the spring. The photo is provided by the Artsakh Republic's "State Service for the Protection of Historical Environment" SNCO's electronic database.
Taghaser's Shenin spring